We’re almost a month into the enhanced community quarantine and many Filipinos have had to adjust to the drastic changes in our lifestyles, including how we’re able to send money to family, friends, and others around the country.
Fortunately, PayMaya lets users send money directly to any of the more than 30,000 Smart Padala centers around the country. This gives people the opportunity to send money to their friends, family or others, without having to step out of their homes.
PayMaya has published a short guide on how to send money to Smart Padala centers using their PayMaya accounts.
- Check if the Smart Padala center near you is open and ask for their 16-digit account number.
- Log in to your PayMaya account and click Send Money.
- Enter the account number in the field provided, followed by the amount you wish to send to your recipient, then click “Continue”
- Review and verify the transaction details, then click “Send”
- To claim the money transfer, the recipient must proceed to the Smart Padala center you sent the funds to and present (1) valid ID, his/her mobile phone number, as well as the reference number of the transaction as proof.
It must be noted though that to be able to send money to a Smart Padala center (or another PayMaya account), the sending account must be upgraded. Upgrading an account will also raise your monthly transaction limit to PHP 100,000 from PHP 50,000.
To upgrade your account, just click the “Upgrade My account” button in the PayMaya app menu, fill in the required details, and upload any of the following IDs: Driver’s License, Passport, UMID, Postal ID, SSS ID, or PRC license. Just make sure the name and birthdate you’ve entered matches what’s in the ID you’ve uploaded.