It looks like Kingston is trying to bring more of its traditional products into the company’s HyperX gaming products brand with the announcement of the FURY line of USB flash drives.
The HyperX FURY USB flash drives feature the same design style of HyperX’s other FURY products and comes in three storage size and color variants including 16GB (red), 32GB (blue), and 64GB (black) variants. Additionally, the FURY USB flash drives use USB 3.0 technology which gives them an expected read speed of 90MB/s and an expected write speed of 30MB/s.
“We are pleased to offer gamers and enthusiasts on a budget a fast and cool looking HyperX USB Flash drive,” said Nathan Su, Flash Memory Sales Director, APAC Region, Kingston. “The new FURY USB joins the previously launched FURY system memory and SSD to add to our entry-level family of products. A complete HyperX-branded solution is now available for everyone, especially those on a budget.”
HyperX did not announce specific local release dates and prices for the FURY USB flash drives but they will be backed by a 5-year warranty and free technical support from Kingston/HyperX.
HyperX FURY USB Features and Specifications
- Cost-effective: HyperX USB performance in lower capacity options
- Performance: USB 3.0 speeds, backwards compatible with USB 2.0
- Stylish: Edgy casing design with built-in key loop to complement the latest computing and gaming devices
- Plug and Play: Easy to use, no software required
- Console Compatibility: with PS3™, PS4™ and Xbox 360. Functionality varies by console.
- Customizable: add your logo for unique co-branding
- Guaranteed: Five-year warranty, free technical support
- Capacities: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
- Speed: 90MB/s read and 30MB/s write
- Dimensions: 60.23mm x 21.40mm x 9.80mm
- Weight: Channel 8.76 (g) / Cologo 8.68 (g)
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)