Ragnarok X: Next Generation has launched its new 3rd class system along with new weapons, armors, skills, and more. The update also introduces the new Al De Baran map as well as several highly-requested features.
With the introduction of the 3rd class system, players will be able to take their characters to another level and unlock new skills and abilities. Ragnarok X: Next Generation is introducing six 3rd job classes with the new update, including the Ranger, Warlock, Archbishop, Rune Knight, Guillotine Cross, and Mechanic. Players will need to achieve Job Level 70 and above to unlock their character’s 3rd job class. They’ll need to pick up a quest at the Glast Heim Churchyard, which will require them to enter Glast Heim and complete three tests. They can then visit Archbishop Wolmas and their respective former Masters to unlock their 3rd job class.
Here are the descriptions of each of the new 3rd job classes:
- Ranger: A master of archery and traps, the Ranger excels at destroying enemies’ armor with their range of elemental traps, and then finishing them off with their powerful archery skills. Rangers can also enter a special state called ‘Precise Shooting’, which significantly increases their damage at the cost of attack speed, allowing them to quickly take down tough opponents in a handful of shots. They also have access to the awesome Warg mount, sure to be the envy of every other adventurer.
- Warlock: Wielders of ruinous elemental magic. Warlocks have access to devastating spells that dwarf the power of the High Wizard. From lightning storms that track targets to explosive freezing magic, the Warlock uses their unique “Elemental Orbs” mechanic to combine the powers of various elements to wipe the battlefield clean of foes all at once.
- Archbishop: The ultimate embodiment of the Priest class, the Archbishop is a powerhouse of support and healing magic, able to bring entire parties back from the brink of death to continue the fight stronger than ever before. They are far from defenseless, however, with powerful Holy spells such as Ascalon ensuring that they can deal just as much damage as they can heal.
- Rune Knight: Striding into battle atop fierce Ferus mounts, the Rune Knight combines powerful attacking skills with unmatched durability, punishing any enemy that hopes to stand against their onslaught. With their ability to grant debuffs with their Dark Flame Sword, the Rune Knight is adept at overpowering their enemies through sheer attrition and strength.
- Guillotine Cross: Having mastered the forbidden arts of assassination and poisoning, the Guillotine Cross delivers deadly strikes from the shadows, ending their opponents before they even know what hit them. Don’t think that their preference for stealth means that they are defenseless in combat, as their advanced skills allow them to occasionally block any physical attacks against them, completely negating the damage, before delivering a killing blow of their own.
- Mechanic: There’s nothing quite like riding into battle in your very own giant mech suit, and the Mechanic class lets you do just that! Not only do these awesome robot suits give the Mechanic superb defenses, they can also eviscerate enemies with their Vulkan Arm (when in Attack Mode), or otherwise provide their allies with useful buffs with the Support Mode, giving them excellent versatility as well. No matter what situation you find yourself in, you can count on the Mechanic to have exactly the tools for the task.
As previously mentioned, the new update also introduces the new level 100 map, Al De Baran. The new map features the Clock Tower dungeon from the original Ragnarok Online, which plays host to bosses such as the Morroc, Chimera, Time Holder, Mysteltainn, and Owl Duke.
Lastly, the update has also added the new Refinement Protection Stone feature, which will prevent a player’s equipment from decreasing in refinement level even if they fail an upgrade. Other new features include Enchantment Conversion and Elite Slots.
Ragnarok X: Next Generation is available on both iOS and Android. Additionally, the game is also available on PC via the recently launched ROX Cloud Gaming platform, which allows people to play the game without having to download it.