The 2019 Overwatch World Cup is only a few months away and the participating countries, including the Philippines, have begun to announce their respective player rosters. Team Philippines was voted as one of the top 10 seeds for the 2019 Overwatch World Cup, which means the team will receive full support for their trip to Blizzcon 2019, where the 2019 Overwatch World Cup will take place.
Here are the players that will be representing the country at the 2019 Overwatch World Cup:
- Yuwki “Fascinate” Tanaka – Main Tank (Mains: Reinhartd, Orisa)
- Joshua “Grandeesauto” Ogame – Off Tank (Mains: Zarya, D.Va)
- Billy “Billy” Alano – DPS (Mains: Genji, Tracer)
- Vito “Redux” Yap – DPS (Mains: Widowmaker, Ashe)
- Fil “XNS” Mayor – DPS (Mains: Doomfist, Pharah)
- Jerahmeel “Jorun” Ibasco – Support (Mains: Lucio, Zenyatta)
- Axel “Rebirth” Lusuan – Support (Mains: Ana, Baptiste)
Apart from the players themselves, Team Philippines also includes its committee including General Manager Mika “Nilavariel” Fabella, Coach Dathan “Daks” Rosales, and Community Lead Camie “Yumie” Tafalla.
The top 5 seeds for the 2019 Overwatch World Cup, which include South Korea, Canada, China, France, and the United States, will receive automatic byes into the tournament’s Group Stage, while the 6th to 10th seeds will join the rest of the countries to compete in the preliminaries for the final five spots of the Group Stage. The 2019 Overwatch World cup will be held from November 1 to 2, 2019, at Blizzcon 2019 at the Anaheim Convention Center in California.