Maya has launched its new feature that allows users to register a username to their account, which can then be used for easily sending, receiving, and requesting money.
“We’re excited to be the country’s first digital bank to launch this feature as we continue to help Filipinos master their money and enable meaningful personalization. It’s a game-changer for safety and making our experience with sending money more fun – especially when you attach a GIF to it!” said Pepe Torres, Chief Marketing Officer for Maya Philippines.
The new feature, which is now available for upgraded users, is meant to not only make it easier for users and even small business owners to process transactions easier by removing the need to memorize 11-digit mobile numbers but also provide an extra layer of privacy and security by allowing users to keep their name and mobile number private.
Here’s how you can easily set up your Maya username:
- Tap the “Profile” icon on the upper-left corner and tap “Get Started.”
- Key in your preferred @username and hit “Confirm.”
- Finish off by keying in the One Time Password (OTP) sent via SMS.
Once you’ve successfully registered your username, here’s how your friends can use it to send money to your account:
- Tap “Send Money” on the Maya app
- Key in the recipient’s @username, input the amount to send, and tap “Continue.”
- Review the “Send Money” transaction details and tap “Send.”
- Wait for Maya’s confirmation via SMS.
Users have the option to present their username or mobile number whenever they want to receive money through Maya.
Usernames are unique to each Maya account holder so it’s important to choose one that’s easily memorable for you. Username registration is also on a first-come, first-served basis and must follow Maya’s provided guidelines.
Maya has also partnered with Giphy to give users the option to add a GIFs to their Send Money transactions.