HyperX, the gaming division of Kingston, has released a new high-performance PCIe SSD which joins their high-end Predator line of computer components. The M.2 form factor SSD uses a PCIe Gen 2.0 x4 interface as well as a Marvel 88SS9293 controller and achieves read/write speeds up to 1400MB/s 1000MB/s, respectively. The new Predator PCIe SSD will be available in either 240GB or 480GB capacities.
An optional half-height, half-length (HHHL) adapter will also be made available for those this motherboard that don’t have an M.2 socket available. The adapter will come with both standard and low-profile brackets to fit an array of different desktop builds.
HyperX has not officially announced when the new Predator PCIe SSD will be locally available and no information on pricing has also been released but we’ll keep you posted if there are any updates. We’ve attached the full specifications of the new SSD below for your reference.
HyperX Predator PCIe SSD Specifications:
- Form factor: M.2 2280
- Interface: PCIe Gen 2.0 x 4
- Capacities: 240GB, 480GB
- Controller: Marvell 88SS9293
- Power Consumption: 1.38W Idle / 1.4W Avg / 1.99W (MAX) Read / 8.25W (MAX) Write
- Storage temperature: -40°C~85°C
- Operating temperature: 0°C~70°C
- 80mm x 22mm x 3.5mm (M.2)
- 180.98mm x 120.96mm x 21.59mm (with HHHL adapter – standard bracket)
- 181.29mm x 80.14mm x 23.40mm (with HHHL adapter – low-profile bracket)
- 10g (M.2)
- 73g (with HHHL adapter – standard bracket)
- 68g (with HHHL adapter – low-profile bracket)
- Warranty/support: 3-year warranty with free technical support