HyperX, the gaming and enthusiast division of Kingston, has officially announced the HyperX Savage high-performance memory.
The HyperX Savage line replaces the previous mid-range HyperX Genesis line of memory modules. It features an asymmetrically designed aluminum heatspreader. It is also features a low profile design to accommodate large third-party CPU coolers.
“After replacing HyperX blu with FURY for entry-level gamers, it was time to refresh our mid-level Genesis line with HyperX Savage,” said Ann Bai, Sales Director, APAC Region, HyperX Division, Kingston. “The bold and stylish red heatspreader offers enthusiasts and gamers a radical new look combined with high performance and capacities to match.”
HyperX Savage memory modules come in a slew of frequencies from 1600MHz to 2400MHz, two capacities (4GB and 8GB), a slew of kits from 8GB dual-channel to 32GB quad-channel kits, a range of CAS latencies from CL9 to CL11, and a range of voltages from 1.5V to 1.65V. The HyperX Savage line is compatible with the following motherboard chipsets: H67, H97, P67, Z68, Z77, Z87, Z97 and H61 Intel chipsets, as well as A75, A87, A88, A89, A78 and E35 AMD chipsets.
The company did not release specific information on availability and price for the HyperX Savage line only saying that they’ve begun shipping them to retailers and distributors so you should start seeing them on online stores and store shelves soon.
HyperX Savage Features and Specifications:
- Fast: top-performing modules available with low-profile heatspreader
- Unique: red, asymmetrical heat spreader sets new trends for PC builds
- Quality: aluminum die-cast heat spreader with a diamond cut finish
- Design: low profile to fit under oversized CPU coolers
- Reliable: 100-percent factory tested
- Guaranteed: lifetime warranty, free technical support
- Capacity: 4GB–8GB (single), 8GB–32GB (kits)
- Frequency: 1600MHz, 1866MHz, 2133MHz and 2400MHz
- CAS Latency: CL9, CL11
- Voltage: 1.5V, 1.65V
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 85°C
- Storage Temperature: -55°C to 100°C
- Dimensions: 133.35mm x 32.8mm
- Compatible with H67, H97, P67, Z68, Z77, Z87, Z97 and H61 Intel chipsets, as well as A75, A87, A88, A89, A78 and E35 AMD chipsets