Biostar has recently unveiled the Hi-Fi Z97WE, a new Haswell-based motherboard that comes with, among other things, the company’s in-house Hi-Fi audio features and support for dual Gigabit LAN.
The Hi-Fi Z97WE is an ATX motherboard based on Intel’s Z97 chipset with support for Intel’s Socket 1150 Haswell processors and comes with Intel’s Smart Response Technology, Rapid Storage Technology, Rapid Start Technology and Smart Connect Technology. It can accommodate up to a total of 32GB of DDR3 RAM and memory speeds of up to 1600Mhz (non-OC) and 2800Mhz (OC). The motherboards integrated graphics and HDMI port support 4K and 2K display resolutions as well as support for CrossfireX for multiple graphics card setups with the board’s two PCI-E x16 3.0 slots (x8 + x8 when using CrosfireX). Additionally, the Hi-Fi Z97WE comes with a PCIe M.2 slot and an internal USB 3.0 port for use with add-in cards or components including Wi-Fi or Bluetooth cards and SSDs.
The Hi-Fi Z97WE’s audio system features a 7-channel pre-amp, an amplifier with support for headphones with over 100dB loads, Non-Polarized Electrolysis Electric audio capacitors, Metal-oxide film resistors, and support for 24bit/192KHz audio. Lastly, the Hi-Fi Z97WE’s dual Gigabit LAN ports allows users to connect their PC to two different network connections with support for Teaming/L0ad Balancing which combines the bandwidth of both connections.
Here’s the complete list of key features of the Biostar Hi-Fi Z97WE:
- Support for 4th and 5th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors, enables overclocking on Unlocked Intel® Core™ Processors
- Intel Z97 single chip architecture
- Support 4-DIMM DDR3-2800(OC)/ 2600(OC)/ 2400(OC)/ 2200 up to 32G maximum capacity
- On board HDMI supported 4K2K resolution enables high-definition image display
- 100% Solid Capacitors
- BIOSTAR Hi-Fi Technology inside
- Built-In 7.1 CH pre-amp for rear speakers 2X sound level
- Hi-Fi Cap for premium sound quality with lower distortion
- Support Dual GbE LAN
- Support PCIe M.2 Connector
- Intel SRT (Smart Response Technology)
- Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology)
- Intel Rapid Start Technology
- Intel Smart Connect Technology
On the outset, the H-Fi Z97WE looks to be a great motherboard for HTPC (home theater PC) or Hi-Fi audio systems. Biostar did not release any information on pricing and availability in the Philippines but we’ve asked them and will update this article once we have that information from them.