Wild Rift Patch 3.5, dubbed Darkin to Dawn, is bringing in a slew of new content for players to enjoy, including the arrival of Aatrox, Kayn, and Lillia; the new All For One game mode; changes to the jungle, items, enchants, and a lot more.
For those unfamiliar with Aatrox, Kayne, and Lillia, here are short descriptions of the three League of Legends champions that are coming to Wild Rift:
- Aatrox, the Darkin Blade, brings oblivion to Wild Rift. An ancient being imprisoned in his own sword, Aatrox feasts on the souls of mortals to grow ever more powerful.
- Kayn, the Shadow Reaper, wields an ancient weapon possessed by a Darkin named Rhaast, and constantly battles it for control. With his passive, the Darkin Scythe, you decide which will triumph.
- Lillia, the Bashful Bloom, emerges from a peaceful forest far away into the jungle of Wild Rift. Don’t underestimate her skittish appearance. Her speed and damage might spook even the soundest sleeper!
To accompany the new champions, a ton of skins will also be released in the game with the new patch, including:
- Blood Moon Aatrox
- Crystal Rose Akali
- Crystal Rose Riven
- Crystal Rose Vi
- Frostblade Irelia
- Chromacrash Ekko
- Chromacrash Jinx
- Chromacrash Samira
- Soulhunter Kayn
- Spirit Blossom Lillia
- Spirit Blossom Teemo
- Spirit Blossom Thresh
- Spirit Blossom Yasuo
- Spirit Blossom Yone
Super Villain Jhin will also be obtainable in this patch through the Wild Pass. Players can claim the skin at Level 50 of the Wild Pass.
All For One
The All For One game mode is also coming to Wild Rift in Patch 3.5. In the new game mode, players will vote for which champion the entire team will play. The champion with the most votes will be chosen and ties will be broken by random selection.
Wild Rift Patch 3.5 will also play host to two in-game events that players can look forward to. The Spirit Blossom event will task players with tending to a little town in the spirit world. They’ll need to fill up their town with spirits that they can summon by completing missions. The Snowball Fight event is also coming in Patch 3.5.
Jungle, Item, Enchants, Quality of Life, Ranked Changes
Here are all the changes that will be made to the Jungle, items, enchants, quality of life, and ranked when Wild Rift Patch 3.5 rolls out:
- [NEW] Buff Sharing: After a few minutes of game time, killing the Brambleback or Sentinel will drop a temporary buff that other players can pick up by walking up to the buff circle. Since there will now be double the buffs for your team, the Evolved versions of Red and Blue buffs will be removed.
- [NEW] Conservation: We’re introducing a new Jungler-specific buff called “Conservation.” When you jungle, you’ll gain Conservation stacks over time, and killing a large monster will cash in the stacks for gold.
- [UPDATE] Smite: We’re removing Challenging Smite (or Red Smite) due to a low pick rate amongst Junglers and changing how the Smite Upgrade functions. Starting this patch, Smite will upgrade based on the number of times it’s been used versus how many monsters you’ve killed, so the upgrade time will become more consistent across games. Additionally, both base Smite and upgraded Smite will deal a fixed amount of damage to monsters, instead of scaling based on your champion level.
- [ADJUST] Jungle Monsters: We’re adjusting the general stats and behavior of Jungle Monsters to make clear times faster overall and to let players have an easier time surviving against them, especially in the early game.
- [ADJUST] Rift Herald: We’re increasing the summoning and charge speeds of Rift Herald so that the value gained from defeating her will be more consistent.
Items & Enchants
- Horizon Focus: Skill shots that hit a champion from a distance will apply stacks to your enemy. Hitting crowd control abilities will grant extra stacks. Gain enough stacks to consume them and deal bonus damage.
- Lord Dominik’s Regards: After you’re out of combat with other champions for a few seconds, your first attack against a champ will have increased Attack Speed.
- Soulstealer: Through its new passive, Soulflare, Soulstealer will reduce the cooldown on all basic abilities after you takedown enemy champions. You’ll also gain extra Ability Power for a few seconds after.
- Phase Rush: Triggers in the same way as before (hitting a champion with three separate attacks or abilities) and still grants Move Speed, but instead of Slow Resist, your current cooldowns will be reduced, and you’ll gain Ability Haste for a short period.
- Sudden Impact: Replaces Champion and when you exit stealth or use a dash, blink, or teleport to deal damage to an enemy champion, you’ll gain a bit of Adaptive Penetration
Quality of Life
- We’ll be adding another penalty for players who leave matches. As we all know, playing with an AFK isn’t any fun, so we’re looking to discourage the behavior even more. Additionally, when you’re in a situation where a remake is available, the remake will now automatically trigger so you can’t miss the vote.
- You’ll also see a new “Avoid List” feature in this patch. In the post-game lobby, you’ll be able to add someone from the game to your Avoid List, which will prevent you from being matched on the same team with them until the Avoid List resets at the start of every week.
- We’re adding a new way to view your Skins. When you visit the Collection tab, you’ll see the “Skin Set” tab and the “Champion” tab. With these filters, you’ll be able to view multiple skins for the same champion or skin line at once—some will even have custom backgrounds.
- We’re adding a new gate for Legendary Queue based on a player’s champion Mastery score. It will limit a player to pick only champs for which they have a high enough Mastery score. If players want to play a new champ in Legendary Queue, they’ll need to get some experience in another queue first.
Wild Rift Patch 3.5 Darkin to Dawn will be released on November 17, 2022, for both iOS and Android.