HyperX’s line of Cloud gaming headsets have been community favorites ever since the company launched the line with the original Cloud headset a few years ago. Since then the company has expanded the line to include new headsets that cater to a wider range of users. This year at CES 2017, the company showed off the latest entry into their gaming headset family – the HyperX Cloud Revolver S.
The main addition to the Cloud Revolver S is the included USB dongle which adds Dolby Headphone technology, such as 7.1 channel Dolby Surround sound, to the Cloud Revolver S. The USB dongle also features three pre-set equalizer settings, independent volume and microphone mute buttons, and LED lighting for easy monitoring of active modes.
“The HyperX Cloud Revolver S headset delivers one-click premium sound, premium performance and premium comfort to pro gamers. Simply plug it in and one click later Dolby quality sound is instantly on,” said HyperX. “Game, watch movies or listen to music with Cloud Revolver S to immerse yourself in cinema quality audio.”
Lastly, HyperX has also slightly redesigned the Cloud Revolver S. It now features a wider headband with the company’s signature memory foam and a new matte black finish. Other than those, the Cloud Revolver S still retains the features and specifications of the original Cloud Revolver including the 50mm audio drivers and noise-cancelling microphone.
The HyperX Cloud Revolver S will be available sometime in March 2017 at a yet to be announced price.
HyperX Cloud Revolver S Specifications:
- Driver: Dynamic, 50mm with neodymium magnets
- Type: Circumaural, Closed back
- Frequency response: 12Hz–28,000 Hz
- Impedance: 30 ?
- Sound pressure level: 100.5dBSPL/mW at 1kHz
- T.H.D.: < 2%
- Input power: Rated 30mW, Maximum 500mW
- Weight: 360g
- Weight with mic: 376g
- Cable length:
- Headset: 1m
- Audio Control Box: 2.2m
- PC extension cable: 2m
- Connection Type:
- Headset: 3.5mm plug (4 pole)
- Audio Control Box: USB
- PC extension cable: 3.5mm stereo and mic plugs
- Element: Electret condenser microphone
- Polar pattern: Bi-directional, Noise-canceling
- Frequency response: 50Hz-18,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: -44dBV (0dB=1V/Pa,1kHz)