HyperX’s Cloud series of gaming headsets have become incredibly popular over the years for their excellent quality and value. And just recently, the company added another entry into their gaming headset line with the release of the Cloud Stinger which the company has targeted towards the budget gaming crowd.
The HyperX Cloud Stinger features a simpler design that the company’s previous Cloud gaming headsets. But just like the rest of the Cloud line, the Cloud Stinger features the company’s signature memory foam ear pads and headband padding as well as 50mm directional audio drivers. The Cloud Stinger’s ear cups also rotate up to 90-degrees and feature an adjustable steel slider to fit every user. Lastly, the Cloud Stinger also features a microphone with noise-cancellation technology that swivels and mutes when positioned upwards as well as built-in volume controls on the headset itself.
“Building on the success of HyperX Cloud Gaming Headsets designed for gamers of all skill levels, including professional eSports athletes, our new Cloud Stinger brings our quality to all players, no matter their budget or expertise,” said Ann Bai, Sales Director, APAC Region, HyperX. “The Cloud Stinger rounds our line of Cloud Gaming Headsets to deliver consumers a broader range of premium in-game audio for gaming, music, entertainment, and more.”
The company did not announce a price for the HyperX Cloud Stinger but we should start seeing it in store shelves soon and hopefully we’ll be able to review it then.
HyperX Cloud Stinger Specifications:
- Driver: Dynamic, 50mm with neodymium magnets
- Type: Circumaural; closed back
- Frequency response: 18Hz-23,000Hz
- Impedance: 30 ?
- Sound pressure level: 102 ± 3dBSPL/mW at 1kHz
- H.D: ? 2%
- Input power: Rated 30mW, Maximum 500mW
- Weight: 275g
- Cable length and type: Headset (1.3m) + Extension Y-cable(1.7m)
- Connection: Headset – 3.5mm plug (4 pole) + extension cable – 3.5mm stereo and mic plugs
- Element: Electret condenser microphone
- Polar pattern: Uni-directional, Noise-canceling
- Frequency response: 50Hz~18,000Hz
- Sensitivity: -40 dBV (0dB=1V/Pa,1kHz)