Elden Ring developer FromSoftware and publisher Bandai Namco Entertainment have released a 15-minute gameplay video that gives fans a better look at some of the different areas and features of the game. Bandai Namco Entertainment recently announced that the release of Elden Ring will be delayed and will now come out on February 25, 2022.
The latest game from the makers of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice as well as the Dark Souls series will also be holding a closed network test next week to help the studio improve the quality of the game before its release early next year.
Here is a summary of some of the different parts of Elden Ring that were showcased in the latest gameplay video:
- Vast World Design – the meticulously designed “LANDS BETWEEN” brings unprecedented immersion to FromSoftware’s largest game to date. Secrets hide around every corner of this expansive world encouraging exploration for those who dare venture off the beaten path.
- Legacy Dungeons – Large multi-level dungeons evoking classic FromSoftware-level design are integrated into the overworld.
- Traversal – Ride like the wind across the LANDS BETWEEN on your Spectral Steed, and even engage in combat while on horseback.
- Combat – Players can engage with a variety of basic or advanced combat options across a number of weapon types and magical disciplines.
- Multiplayer – Team up with friends and help other Tarnished take down powerful foes with in co-op mode.
Bandai Namco Entertainment also unveiled the game’s pre-order bonuses and special editions. Those that pre-order the game will get a Digital Adventure Guide and a bonus in-game Gesture. Bandai Namco Entertainment is also giving away a Spectral Steed Whistle replica made from 100% zinc alloy as a Day-1 physical bonus.
Here are the two special editions that will be available for Elden Ring:
- Digital Deluxe Edition (Available on PlayStation, Xbox, and STEAM digital storefronts)
- Elden Ring game
- Digital Artbook and Original Soundtrack
- Collector’s Edition (Available at participating retailers for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4)
- Physical Elden Ring game disc
- 23cm statue of Malenia – Blade of Miquella
- Exclusive SteelBook case
- 40-page hardback art book
- Digital Soundtrack
Elden Ring is scheduled for release on February 25, 2022, for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and PC via Steam.