AMD has unveiled the Radeon RX 6700 XT, the company’s latest graphics card and the most recent entry into its new RX 6000 series. Like the other cards in the series, the Radeon RX 6700 XT makes use of the company’s RDNA 2 architecture and features 12GB of GDDR6 memory, 96MB of AMD Infinity Cache, and support for the company’s Smart Access Memory technology.
“Modern games are more demanding than ever, requiring increasing levels of computing horsepower to deliver the breathtaking, immersive experiences gamers expect,” said Scott Herkelman, corporate vice president and general manager, Graphics Business Unit at AMD. “The AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT graphics card hits the sweet spot for 1440p gaming. For most gamers still playing on three-to-four-year-old graphics cards, it is the perfect upgrade solution designed to deliver incredible visuals and no-compromises, high-refresh 1440p gaming performance at maximum settings.”
The Radeon RX 6700 XT also features 40 compute units, a game clock of 2424 MHz, a boost clock of up to 2581 MHz, a 192-bit memory interface, and a TBP (Total Board Power) of 230W. The new graphics card also supports several of AMD’s latest technologies including FidelityFX, DirectX Raytracing (DXR), Radeon Anti-Lag, and Radeon Boost.
- AMD Infinity Cache – 96MB of last-level data cache on the GPU die provides up to 2.5X higher bandwidth at the same power level as traditional architectures to provide higher gaming performance.
- AMD Smart Access Memory – Unlocks higher performance when pairing AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series graphics cards with AMD Ryzen 5000 or select Ryzen 3000 Series Desktop Processors and AMD 500-series motherboards. Providing AMD Ryzen processors with access to high-speed GDDR6 graphics memory can deliver a performance uplift of up to 16 percent .
- 12GB High-Speed GDDR6 VRAM – Designed to handle the increasing texture loads and greater visual demands of today’s modern games at higher resolutions and max settings, the new graphics card with 12GB of GDDR6 of memory allows gamers to easily power through today and tomorrow’s demanding AAA titles.
- AMD FidelityFX – Integrated into more than 40 games and counting, AMD FidelityFX is an open-source toolkit of visual enhancement effects for game developers available at AMD GPUOpen. Optimized for AMD Radeon graphics, it includes a robust collection of rasterized lighting, shadow and reflection effects that can be integrated into the latest games with minimal performance overhead.
- DirectX Raytracing (DXR) – AMD RDNA 2 architecture-based graphics cards are optimized to deliver real-time lighting, shadow and reflection realism with DXR, providing a stunning gaming experience. When paired with AMD FidelityFX, developers can combine rasterized and ray-traced effects to provide an ideal balance of image quality and gaming performance.
- AMD Radeon Anti-Lag – Now with support for the DirectX 12 API, AMD Radeon Anti-Lag decreases input-to-display response times, making games more responsive and offering a competitive edge in gameplay.
- AMD Radeon Boost – Now with support for Variable Rate Shading, AMD Radeon Boost delivers up to a 27 percent performance increase during fast-motion gaming scenarios by dynamically reducing image resolution or by varying shading rates for different regions of a frame, increasing framerates and fluidity, and bolstering responsiveness with virtually no perceptual impact on image quality.
The AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT will be available from AMD.com as well as from AMD board partners, including ASRock, ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, PowerColor, SAPPHIRE and XFX, on March 18, 2021, with a starting SEP of USD 479. Local pricing and availability for the Philippines has yet to be announced as of this writing.