Square Enix has officially released the PC version of Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, the HD remaster of the International Zodiac Job System version of the game that was originally released in 2007. The HD remaster was originally released for the PlayStation 4 back in July 2017.
Aside from the high definition visuals, remastered soundtrack, new Speed and Trial modes, fast forward function, and other enhancements that came with the PS4 release of The Zodiac Age, the PC version comes with even more improvements including:
- 60fps – Ivalice will look better than ever with the game running at 60 frames per second.
- Compatible with 21:9 ultra-wide monitors – Up to three HD monitors can be used for a potential 48(16×3):9 experience.
- New Game Plus and New Game Minus – Post-game content modes are now accessible from the beginning of the game.
- Three background music options – The original, re-orchestrated and soundtrack versions are now available from the beginning of the game.
- Maximized License Points and Gil – New functionality added to grant players max License Points and Gil from the configuration screen.
- Full controller support, Steam Trading Cards and more to optimize the PC player experience.
To celebrate the launch of the PC version, those who purchase the game within the first week of launch will get a 20% discount, a three-track digital music compilation and a new Steam Skin illustrated by Final Fantasy artist Isamu Kamikokuryo.
The company also released a new launch trailer for the PC edition of the game, which you can watch above.